episode 5: McKenzie Wark
A conversation with McKenzie Wark, author of several books, including Reverse Cowgirl.
I talk with McKenzie Wark about a range of topics, including writing, editing (her superpower), glimpsing yourself in works by other writers, and writing about sex.
Books by McKenzie that we discuss:
Articles written by McKenzie that are mentioned:
Books by other writers that come up (in approximate order of appearance):
- Blood and Guts in High School - Kathy Acker
- Pussy, King of the Pirates - Kathy Acker
- Time is the Thing a Body Moves Through - T Fleischmann
- Conundrum - Jan Morris
- Our Lady of the Flowers - Jean Genet
- Katherine’s Diary - Katherine Cummings
- The Freezer Door - Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore
- "Descent into the Maelström" [short story] - Edgar Allen Poe
- I Love Dick - Chris Kraus
- PSYCHO NYMPH EXILE - Porpentine Charity Heartscape
- Little Fish - Casey Plett
- Nevada - Imogen Binnie
- Infect Your Friends and Loved Ones - Torrey Peters
- Detransition, Baby - Torrey Peters
- I've Got a Time Bomb - Sybil Lamb
- Women in Clothes [an anthology edited by Sheila Heti et al. with a piece by Christen Clifford called "Mother, Daughter, Moustache"]
- The Argonauts - Maggie Nelson
- Bluets - Maggie Nelson
- My Meteorite - Harry Dodge
- The Subtweet - Vivek Shraya
- He Mele A Hilo - Ryka Aoki
- Next Year, For Sure - Zoey Leigh Peterson
- Paul Takes the Form of Mortal Girl - Andrea Lawlor
- Darryl - Jackie Ess
The full episode transcript is available right here.
The podcast theme song is "Tall Girl" by Wares from the album Survival, which you can (and probably should) get via Bandcamp. (This song appears courtesy of Wares and Mint Records.)
Our logo was designed by Rojina Farrokhnejad at HandMadeDesign.
t4t is recorded and edited on the unceded ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and sə̓lílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.